Did you know baby teeth are vital to your child’s oral health? Yes, it’s true! Many people don’t think about the importance of baby teeth because your child will lose them. However, baby teeth set the foundation for their permanent teeth, making it essential for them to be healthy, so their permanent teeth can go in properly and be healthy too.
Our dentist is pleased to help improve your child’s oral health. That is why our team has provided some facts on pediatric dentistry for you to help you understand why pediatric dentistry is essential for your child’s developing smile.
Here is a list of facts on pediatric dentistry:
– Pediatric dentistry strictly focuses on oral health care for children, infants, and even special needs patients.
– To become a pediatric dentist, additional training for two to three years is required along with general dentistry education.
– Part of pediatric dentistry includes preparing your child’s oral health well into their adult years.
– Pediatric dentists can treat children who suffer from gum disease, thumb sucking, baby bottle tooth decay, teething, and general cavities and other concerns your child may have regarding their oral health.
– To help your child feel comfortable, pediatric dentists work hard through various approaches, so your child feels as safe as possible while in their care.
– It is best to bring your child in to see the dentist when their first tooth appears or after their first birthday, to help your child become familiar with the dentist and also feel comfortable and at home in their surroundings.
If you feel it’s time to bring your child in to see the dentist, please give us a call to set up an appointment. Our friendly team is happy to assist you and will do our best to make your child feel calm and safe in our care.