The uses of endodontics in dentistry are primarily focused on the oral health within a tooth, mainly the pulp and the root tissues. Here are some things you should know about endodontics:
– Each year in the USA, Endodontists save millions of teeth with endodontic repairs, including root canals.
– By saving a tooth with a root canal restoration, it can make your tooth more functional for chewing foods, allow your smile to keep its natural look, and will keep your other teeth healthy and free of the hazards that come with missing teeth.
– To become an endodontist, an additional two years of advanced medical training beyond dental school must be achieved.
– It is likely for teeth that have had a root canal treatment to last a lifetime.
– Endodontists are competent enough to save broken or damaged teeth that otherwise would probably need to be extracted and replaced.
– Not only are endodontists capable of performing root canal therapies, they can deliver specific endodontic surgeries including ones to save damaged or broken teeth.
An oral health disorder can be treated with the help of our licensed professionals at Jerry L. Butler, D.D.S., M.A.G.D. To book an appointment with Dr. Jerry Butler at our dentist office in Boone, North Carolina, please contact us at (828) 264-5858 . Let us help you with all of your oral health care needs.