Your teeth are an essential aspect of your everyday life. In fact, your teeth help you talk clearly and eat, which is why it is necessary to take good care of them. If you take good care of your teeth, then you could keep your teeth healthy and strong for a lifetime. Part of keeping your teeth healthy includes consuming healthy foods.
Dr. Jerry Butler takes oral health very seriously. That is why our team in Boone, North Carolina, is happy to share with you information on the healthy foods your teeth need.
Here is a list of a few healthy food ideas to help you know which foods are great for your teeth:
– Cheese: Cheese contains calcium, which can help make your tooth enamel stronger.
– Chicken: The protein in chicken is healthy for your oral health and has other nutrients your smile needs.
– Nuts: Nuts carry phosphorus and other minerals that are needed for your teeth to stay healthy.
– Pears or apples: These foods are watery and are nicknamed nature’s dental floss. They are fantastic because they help keep your teeth clean and wash away harmful acids from your teeth.
– Sugarless gum: Chewing sugarless gum is ideal because it generates salvia which counteracts harmful bacteria and residues in your smile between your meals.
As you can see, there are a few items you can choose from to promote positive oral health. If you have questions or wonder if something is wrong with your oral health, please call us today at (828) 264-5858 to set up a consultation with a member of our team. We are always happy to assist your smile.